Nothing quite compares to the feeling of bringing home a floppy-eared, big playful-pawed puppy! Being prepared for your furry new addition to the family can really help the transition go much more smoothly.
Our new-puppy checklist is great guide to the few simple things you should buy before you bring your puppy home. Keep this list close by as you shop online, or print it out and check it twice at the pet store.
Puppy essentials for sleeping, cuddling, and feeling safe when you’re away:
- Crate & crate liner
- A plush toy for snuggling
Puppy essentials for potty training:
- Treats you KNOW your new pup loves to eat for positive reinforcement
- Potty training pads
- Potty training bells (signals when they have to go)
- A chemical-free enzyme cleanser
Puppy essentials for playing:
- Play pen
- Puppy-size puzzle toy (These are great for stuffing with treats!)
- BPA-free plastic ball
Puppy essentials for feeding and snacking:
- A long-term chew for teething, like our bully sticks
- Treats for training that are DIFFERENT than those used for potty
- Age- and size- appropriate puppy food
- Measuring cup to ensure your pup gets the right amount of food--not too much and not too little!
Puppy essentials for training, walking, and traveling:
- Seatbelt restraint (for use with harness)
You might also like: